Welcome to my sketch blog!

I am a cartoonist, illustrator, designer, and painter. I'd like to say a professional one, but I'm still working on that. Welcome to Step One of that process: my own personal sketch blog! Its purpose: to keep me drawing, and hopefully, to provide art for others to enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments- I appreciate any critiquing of my work. Just try not to completely tear me a new one. Also, I do commissioned projects! If interested, contact me at tonyaros1@gmail.com. As you can see I draw comic characters a lot, but I also paint and draw just about anything so hit me with your ideas!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What a Wonderful Time of Year

It's been a little while since I've posted here, but I've definitely been keeping busy.  Gearing up for Christmas, finishing up some last minute shopping, and while I don't enjoy that at all, there's definitely something special about this time of year; being with family and friends, sharing in a spirit of giving.  

Before I get too sappy, here's a sample of what I've been working on in my spare creative time.  Continuing my JLA redesigns, here is my redesign of Wonder Woman.  


With this redesign I was mainly trying to "de-cheezify" her a little bit, while keeping her both feminine and bad-ass.  I dropped the gold from her look because I just don't like gold, and instead replaced it with silver.  Her toga signifies her Greek connection, as well as hearkening to the Amazonian practice of mastectomy.  I was mainly trying to imagine what an Amazonian warrior would want to wear to fight, and this is what I pictured.  I had a lot of fun with this one.  Let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment