Welcome to my sketch blog!

I am a cartoonist, illustrator, designer, and painter. I'd like to say a professional one, but I'm still working on that. Welcome to Step One of that process: my own personal sketch blog! Its purpose: to keep me drawing, and hopefully, to provide art for others to enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments- I appreciate any critiquing of my work. Just try not to completely tear me a new one. Also, I do commissioned projects! If interested, contact me at tonyaros1@gmail.com. As you can see I draw comic characters a lot, but I also paint and draw just about anything so hit me with your ideas!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

He's the best there is at what he does...

Here are some designs I drew up of an idea my friend Chris Harper had for a way they could work Wolvie's classic look into the film franchise.  Instead of a spandex mask, he could wear more of a helmet.  As Chris pointed out, the only thing that really seems to hurt Wolverine in the film franchise is head injuries (like when he lost his memory at the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine which was a terrible, terrible movie).  So, his idea was that they make a helmet for him to wear and train with in the Danger Room- a yellow and black one.  I came up with the following designs:  



My reasoning on the yellow and black choice is that it's a test helmet, so they use the yellow and black caution-tape color scheme.  As in "Caution: You may not want to shoot Wolverine in the head because he will tear yours off."  


Then, as the film progresses, Chris' idea is that he gets a repainted version of the helmet that's close to his X-Force look (which I think looks pretty awesome).  



So there it is.  Cool idea, Chris!  If you have any comments, leave them below!

1 comment:

  1. These are great designs. After the latest Wolverine film came out I was blown away by the alternate ending with the costume. It got me thinking that maybe adapting a samurai face guard would be a good approach to covering the jaw. But instead of overlapping over the sideburn area it would be attached from under it, like the straps of a helmut. But your solution makes it work. I'm not sure I'd like to leave the ears so exposed, but if he's going to use his super senses it doesn't help to cover them, eh?

    Bernard B.

    ReplyDelete