Welcome to my sketch blog!

I am a cartoonist, illustrator, designer, and painter. I'd like to say a professional one, but I'm still working on that. Welcome to Step One of that process: my own personal sketch blog! Its purpose: to keep me drawing, and hopefully, to provide art for others to enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments- I appreciate any critiquing of my work. Just try not to completely tear me a new one. Also, I do commissioned projects! If interested, contact me at tonyaros1@gmail.com. As you can see I draw comic characters a lot, but I also paint and draw just about anything so hit me with your ideas!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Back to My Roots

 I thought I'd take a minute tonight to take a break from all the digital art I've been doing lately and create something more traditional (well, at least more traditional for me).  I painted and submitted 4 small paintings on 6" x 6" canvases to a local exhibition titled "notBIG", in which all pieces are to be smaller than 12" in any dimension. 



One of my favorite things about this idea is that you can hang each individual painting however you'd like to.  They can be one cohesive image, or they could be hung all over the apartment or house.  I've been considering exploring creating pieces that can be hung in an order to tell one idea or story, then rearranged to tell another.  This is maybe a baby step to that.



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment