Welcome to my sketch blog!

I am a cartoonist, illustrator, designer, and painter. I'd like to say a professional one, but I'm still working on that. Welcome to Step One of that process: my own personal sketch blog! Its purpose: to keep me drawing, and hopefully, to provide art for others to enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments- I appreciate any critiquing of my work. Just try not to completely tear me a new one. Also, I do commissioned projects! If interested, contact me at tonyaros1@gmail.com. As you can see I draw comic characters a lot, but I also paint and draw just about anything so hit me with your ideas!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Something Old, Something New

I have so much art that I want to post, but so as not to become lazy and post only things I've done in the past, I'm going to institute upon myself a rule:  each post has to have both something old and something new.  And, seeing as how I just finished an entry to Project: Rooftop's (link) contest to redesign Image Comic's Invincible, I thought I'd post an old entry to their redesign Wolverine contest (which sadly wasn't featured) to hopefully show how I've improved from then to now.  So!  Without further ado...

Initial Wolvie sketch:


Gone and colored in Photoshop (I think this was the first design I colored using my Wacom tablet, and boy does it show).  Also, apparently my monitor was bad, because his costume's supposed to look more navy blue, and less like Grimace.

  

And now my lineart for the Invincible Redesign:



 And my finished, colored entry:


Fingers crossed that it gets featured! Either way, I'm excited to see all the other submissions.  Win/win either way, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment