Welcome to my sketch blog!

I am a cartoonist, illustrator, designer, and painter. I'd like to say a professional one, but I'm still working on that. Welcome to Step One of that process: my own personal sketch blog! Its purpose: to keep me drawing, and hopefully, to provide art for others to enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments- I appreciate any critiquing of my work. Just try not to completely tear me a new one. Also, I do commissioned projects! If interested, contact me at tonyaros1@gmail.com. As you can see I draw comic characters a lot, but I also paint and draw just about anything so hit me with your ideas!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Boy Wonder

Here's a redesign of Robin I did a little while ago, just for fun.  I basically wanted to give him a more toned-down, realistic color scheme.  Most robins I've seen at least have a red breast, and mostly different shades of gray plumage.  I liked the two-tone grey look, with the red accent.  And, I feel like it even goes with Batman's color scheme better than bright yellow, red, and green, not to mention it's stealthier.  I kind of played around with adding a muted-down yellow somewhere in the boots and to make a "beak" but didn't really like how it looked.  Anyway, would love any feedback on this look.  Oh, also experimented with a new logo- a more streamlined rendition of my standard T A signature. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea - especially that the Robin suit should mimic a real Robin with the red breast. I think the two tone black/grey works well as it has obvious ties to Batman and I think you were wise to avoid throwing a yellow or green in there, Great idea.

    ReplyDelete